After discovering I probably over-twisted all previous handspun…..(my spinning enabler, Laura gave me some tips and reassurence)
- ❌SWATCH: red 3 ply problem yarn (hoping to knit another Ketterdam shawl)
- ✔SWATCH: black 4 ply problem yarn. I did untwisted this one a bit before it was set. (Hoping to knit a mosaic pattern that looks like Japanese ikat)
- ❌Continue developing a default spin (falling behind now): Wool n’ Spinning Patreon workshop and the December homework on ratios (no clue yet)
- ❌Wool n’ Spinning Patreon Fibre Club project
- ❌Wool n’ Spinning Color Theory project
- ❌Go through the Craftsy class, Worsted to Woolen Yarn by Jacey Boggs
- ✔️Sweet Georgia fiber (Black Friday sale)
- ✔️Kimber’s shop Fiber Optic
- ✔Then get right back on fiber/yarn diet
- ✔️Gave the Ashford Traditional spinning wheel a spa day. 400 grit sandpaper all surfaces including the new bobbins and 2 coats of Danish oil
- ✔️Play with my new tool, Amish style yarn swift
- ✔️Deadline: very soon! Cardigan for friend’s new granddaughter (Harvey kimono by Louis Harding)
- ❌Deadline: later. Baby booties, another Baby kimono and a baby poncho
- ✔Finish Ketterdam shawl by Laura Linneman in the 3 ply red handplied yarn. Knitting with Director’s Interpretation, Soliliquy, by Leading Men Fiber Arts instead.
- ❌Swatch cardigan (not even thinking about it)
- ❌Finish yellow grey socks & start another pair (didn’t touch)
- ✔❌Hat & cowl with Problem yarn (overdyed Swish DK) Created a hat but not cowl.
If you are on Instagram there’s a tag #slowfashion you might find interesting.
- ✔️ Done: 2 back panels finished of hand stitching the Magdalene stencil
- ✔️Done: Handstitch 1 front panel
- ❌Handstitch last front panel
- ❌Stitch seams & facings of A line dress
- ❌Stencil next project to start in January. (grey) (new leaf)(long fitted skirt/tank top)
Slanted Stitches Etsy shop:
- ❌ Momentum has turned into inertia
- ✔️Officially closing the shop
Or work on these
- Fortune cookie bag – blue
- Purple take-out bags
- Turquoise Japanese knot bags
- Forest take-out bags
- ✔️Rake leaves (still haven’t fallen)
- Finish mulching
- ✔️care for veggies
Wishing These Magically Get Done:
- Marbling more fabric for Japanese bento bags. (make wire holders & order Orvis soap)
- Create practice Alabama Chanin jacket from Craftsy class. (Grey woven linen) Rethinking this whole project.
- Triptych painting in hall way (start sketches)
- Paint dining room walls & ceiling Step 1: pick colors (Dover white & Sedate gray) New colors on top row, old colors below
- Declutter and organize studio, attic and garage
Or lower expectations and go with the flow of the season and move the list to January.
I’m starting to like the last idea.
Chat with you next week.