I listen to a lot of podcasts while working at crafting, mostly for background noise. The Happiness Project with Gretchen Rubin is always a favorite and for the New Year, she suggests having a yearly theme, a word.
I can’t decide. My word was going to be Home, since ours was neglected in the last two years. Or it will be Homemade/Handmade. Either way, I am adding to my crafting to-do list.
- ✔Wool n’ Spinning workshop Default spin
- Wool n’ Spinning workshop Ratios
- Purple Iris
- Fall leaves
- ✔Finish the Ketterdam shawl. Lost at yarn chicken by 12 yards in December.
- ✔Renamed that problem over-dyed yarn Evergreen (because it’s no longer a problem) and make a big winter cowl
- Write pattern for Crisscross hat
- Doubleknit Ikat cowl
- Hats for charity
- Continuous sock on needles
- SSK KALs
A New Thing:
- A sketch a day
- Calligraphy practicing the alphabet in a new to me font (www.surelysimple.com challenge). Brush is harder than I expected.
- Storage buckets for yarn & fiber
- Winter crossbody bag
- Finish project bags already cut (save for gift giving)
- ✔Finish hand stitching for Alabama Chanin A-line dress
Home: Decluttering & Organizing
- ✔My closet & bathroom
- Garage & attic in warm weather
Wishing These Magically Get Done:
- Marbling more fabric for fun (make wire holders & order Orvis soap)
- Create practice Alabama Chanin jacket from Craftsy class. (Grey woven linen) Rethinking this whole project.
- Triptych painting in hall way (start sketches) finally settled on an general idea of a map
- Paint dining room walls & ceiling Step 1: pick colors (Dover white & Sedate gray)
- Declutter and organize studio, attic and garage