Creating the list last month seemed to help me check off a lot of languishing projects. That or being at home, instead of on a roadtrip makes a difference.
Either way, I like setting this up as a regular thing. A monthly list makes sense for now.
October Crafty List:
- ✔️ Done:Start spinning a 3 ply (select which fibers).
- ✔️ Doing: Read/research more about spinning techniques.
- ✔️Done: Join Wool n’ Spinning Patreon 3 month Combo Spin.
- ✔️ Doing: Start the On the Spice Market shawl by Melanie Berg. Using Leading Men Fiber Arts Soliliquy gradient in Midnight Rendezvous and Black Trillium in Black Jewel. Participate in Melanie’s gradient KAL
- Select yarn for Ketterdam shawl by Laura Linneman Favorite candidate: Leading Men Fiber Arts Soliliquy (interesting that Laura is currently doing the same.)
- Swatch cardigan
- ✔️ Done: Finish Sister’s Christmas socks
- Finish SSK socks, use Susan B Anderson’s SOS pattern
I really like is switching between hand stitching and knitting when my hands get tired off one repetitive activity. Good thing, since I bought so much fabric already.
If you are on Instagram there’s a tag #slowfashionoctober you might find interesting.
- ✔️ Done Get supplies for stenciling
- ✔️ Done: Swatch stencil paint colors for teal A-line dress or tunic (procrastinating…scared?!?)
- ✔️ Done: Recut Maggie stencil
- ✔️ Done Cut fabric for teal tunic
- ✔️ Done: Stencil teal tunic pieces
- Hand stitch tunic pieces
Slanted Stitches Etsy shop:
- ✔️ Done: Problem solve cable snaps
- ✔️ Done: Finish Romi’s fortune cookie bag
- ✔️Done: Eloise’s DPN holder
- Fortune cookie bag – blue
- ✔️Starting Purple take-out bags
- Turquoise Japanese knot bags
- Forest take-out bags
- ❌ Fail. Botanical garden plant sale did not include veggies.
- ✔️ Done: Got veggies plants at local garden center
- ✔️Done: Transition summer annuals to fall-winter plants.
- ✔️ Done: installed soaker hose to the dry sunnier yard.
- ✔️ Done:Start more veggies seedlings in the ground. Skip the trays.
General Decluttering: not even thinking about these
- Studio (straighten fabric, thread, patterns) SO NEEDED!
- Kitchen (counter tops & pantry)
Wishing These Magically Get Done:
- Marbling more fabric for Japanese bento bags. (make wire holders & order Orvis soap)
- ✔️done. Find label solution (source equipment/tools)
- Start grey fitted tank and skirt, and navy a-line dress.
- Create practice Alabama Chanin jacket from Craftsy class. (Grey woven linen) Rethinking this whole project.
- Triptych painting in hall way (start sketches)
- Paint dining room walls & ceiling
- Every month declutter and organize one area.