I am waiting on some supplies and a fabric decision from a client to start the next projects.
She saw my bag when I was in California a few weeks ago.
In the meantime, I decided to attempt another prototype for a cross body bag. I love the big slouchy hobo bag, especially in knit night. Just one thing to carry. I have decided it still needs a few tweaks, such as a magnet snap closure and a nice brand label. I have a bit of experimenting to do.
But plant shopping last week was a bit awkward. I definitely need a sturdy cross body bag that I can sling out of my way and have two free hands to carry around pots.
Some thought on the cross body bag:
- Enlarge bag pattern I made for Mom (maybe)
- Change the strap attachment to a tab and D ring
- Make the outer pocket a zipper
- Add a zipper interior pocket
- Use a lighter color lining
- Use a textured vinyl for the exterior
Delay that thought for another week.
The client has made a decision. So excited to be working on this next one. She pick fabric called Utter Madness. It’s a soft textured microfiber.
Next task…finding the right lining and trim.