I’ve been thinking about next year and decided to change it from goals to a bucket list.
A bucket list seems like less pressure.
How I came up with the list:
- What new thing do I want to learn?
- What big project do I want to accomplish?
- What do I need to enhance existing wardrobe for summer and winter?
- What charity knitting am I doing?
- Re-organize Ravelry pattern queue. Where do they fit in my needs list?
- What yarns (at least two from each, the Northwest trip, at SSK and older stash) do I already have that will work with the above?
I will be taking into account at least 3 fiber festivals I plan to attend, Oxford Fiber Arts Festival in Oxford, MS, Stitches South in Nashville, SSK in Nashville (wait listed), and any other that happens during a road trip. My shopping list is narrowed to socks and linen.
- Color work
I’ll start small with hats and mittens, which I do need for winter.
They can also be for gifts.
- Hanne Falkenberg’s Mermaid sweater jacket, if I’m brave
- *Sandra McIver, one of the Swirl sweaters* see post:2015 Update to Knitting Bucket List. Sadly this one gets crossed off the list.
Need to enhance wardrobe:
Warm weather needs:
- Shawl or scarf in cotton in natural→Mary Jane Mucklestone’s Little Arrowhead shawl, Thrift Cotton Izod [old stash]
- Shawl or scarf in linen in ?→Elizabeth Green Musselman’s Summer in Angers, ?
- sweater or shrug in cotton in white→?
- sweater or shrug in linen or silk→?, thrift silk Greg Norman [old stash]
Cold weather needs:
- Cowl in black and white→Inpira cowl pattern, use Schoppel-Wolle Lace [old stash]
- Cowl in purple or red→Martina Behm’s Viajante, use thrift shop stash (silk Max Studio) [old stash]
- Shawl in purple→?, Mountain Colors [Northwest]
- Shawl in purple→Laura Linneman’s , Must Stash Yarn Himalaya [SSK]
- hat and fingerless mittens in purple→Dream in Color and Wandering Wool [SSK]
- hat and fingerless mittens→Mary Jane Mucklestone, maybe my first handspun
- socks, socks and more socks in Ravelry queue [Northwest and SSK and old stash]
Charity or gifts:
- Participate in the guild sweater KAL starting in January (child size sweater for Women’s Exchange)
- Hats for the guild (Women’s Exchange or Holy Communion church)
- Hats for SSK (just in case I get in)
- Socks for family
- One of Susan B. Anderson’s animals, giraffe and bunny patterns